Due to the rising energy costs and increasing need to improve environmental sustainability, organizations are currently looking for solutions that will reduce costs, whilst turning down the power. The Allegro business case for reducing a customer’s environmental impact in corporate data centers and general business is something Allegro provides via both the purpose-driven application itself and in the infrastructure scalability of our application.
Allegro helps your business to more effectively use the equipment and resources you have, whilst contributing to a reduction in greenhouse emissions. This is done through a number of means:
- Centralizing data - Allegro 8 is a .net based solution that integrates multiple application components into a single platform. This method promotes remote usage of a single application and allows people around the world to access data from multiple locations. In total, this makes it possible to achieve significantly higher resource utilization by pooling common infrastructure resources and breaking the legacy "one application to one server" model. This allows maximum usage of your data center and in the long run, your carbon footprint.
- Reduce real estate, power and cooling - By consolidating your legacy systems and proprietary applications, you can reduce the number of servers and related IT hardware in the data center. This leads to reductions in real estate, power and cooling requirements, resulting in significantly lower IT costs. This also reduces training hours required to maintain these systems, which can reduce travel and educational costs along with additional carbon footprint costs.
- Infrastructure scalability - As your company’s needs grow, so does the need to increase the capabilities of your solution. Scaling means that you can start with smaller servers, and as your employee carbon footprint grows, increase your ETRM infrastructure to match. This means the Allegro 8 platform uses minimal power with smaller computer systems and minimal HVAC requirements. Thereby taking the power hungry legacy servers offline to allow for better efficiency and lower cost.
By default, in addition to the features of the application itself, through consolidation of data and improvements to storage performance, customers will reduce costs and enhance data protection and security to help reduce business risk.
Purpose Driven Application - Environmental Impact
The advantage of the Allegro platform is in having a purpose-driven application. You select the components you need to best manage green initiatives as they are required. The 40+ components available to your company are developed with customer’s in mind. They can help reduce inefficiencies in raw feed stock, emissions control, and transportation of raw product. All allowing for as little waste as possible, thereby allowing you to get the most use out of resources. Everything going into a refiner, for example, is managed and optimized for minimal cost, and environmental footprint.
Allegro 8 components are specifically designed to support green initiatives. Some examples include:
- Emissions Control/Compliance – trade execution allows you to manage emissions trading thereby supporting compliance to cap and trade needs. When used with the Positions component, customers get comprehensive risk position reporting and viewing capabilities which allow you the reporting on Mark to Market, exposure, limit management, and profit and loss across the entire portfolio.
- Logistics Management – Multiple components (Truck, Rail, Barge, and Vessel) manage the complexities of scheduling, shipment and actualization for any single or multiple commodities allow customers to determine optimal transport costs, distance calculations, etc at the maximum efficiency levels. In the end, reducing carbon footprint while at the same time, reducing fuel costs.
- FERC Connect – is an example of an application specifically design to aid in customer compliance. This component was specifically designed to assists in the ease of extracting and compiling all transactional natural gas and electricity data need to meet current FERC regulatory reporting requirements. Upon validation, the information can automatically be filled and uploaded to FERC in an accurate and timely manner. By knowing what you produce, you can supply rapid reports to meet compliance regulations and also manage your production and emissions.
As a green initiative an integrated ETRM platform allows you to have visibility to your entire ICT commodity usage lifecycle. Your data is both measureable and reportable.